Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Vijay Bose at age 25 is studying to be a commercial pilot at American Winds Flight Academy. Within a few months he will have his commercial license, something he has been dreaming about since he was a little boy growing up in India.

When he first came to the US in 2010, it was the first time he had been in another country. His parents were worried about him being on his own, but Vijay said that Chief Flight Instructor and Pilot Denise Hobart and President of AW, Mike Kolomichuk made him feel right at home.

"Mike helped me through the visa process. Mike and Denise are good people. My parents are happy about what I am doing and they know I am in the right place," Vijay said.

He said there is nothing like flying in the clouds.

Vijay likes it in the states, but he has to be honest about the food. "I don't like junk food or fast food. I am used to us cooking at home. We do have fast food restaurants in India, but we eat something there more as a snack, not as our dinner."

He said he has been welcomed in the US. and has made friends at American Winds. "They have accepted me and we have fun."

Vijay has a degree in Aeronautical engineering and plans to fly commercial airlines in his home country.

No comments:

Post a Comment